Deeptope uses a combination of surface display, flow cytometry and high-throughput sequencing technologies, which allows to:
- Substitute each amino acid of a sequence (either an antibody or an antigen) with the 20 other amino acids.
- To express all the variants (every single mono-mutant).
- To functionally correlate the impact of each single mutation on the Ab / Ag interaction.
The data produced allow to realize in a very short time (4 to 6 weeks) three types of services:
- Fine characterization of antibody binding modes (Epitope mapping and Paratope mapping).
- Lead Optimization (affinity, selectivity, cross-reactivity between species, humanization, de-immunization, specificity and stability).
Sierocki Raphaël et al. (2021) An antibody targeting type III secretion system induces broad protection against Salmonella and Shigella infections.